Researchers claim that by 2025 the number of men suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED) all around the world will reach 322 million. Due to the peculiarities of the today’s lifestyle, such as the lack of exercise, eating unhealthy food, smoking, drinking alcohol on a regular basis, facing numerous stresses and others, this health problem becomes more and more widespread year after year. More to the point, nowadays it affects men belonging to different age groups. So, according to researchers, about 50% of men above 40 face ED. It is not the disease characteristic of the elderly age anymore.
Hopefully, pharma companies offer a huge selection of medications for ED, which can easily and quickly help a man to get back to satisfying and stress-free sex life.
Sure, to choose a suitable ED medication, you should have a consultation with your doctor in the first place. Using such medicines at your own discretion is dangerous and can lead to serious health problems. However, to learn about the options available before having a discussion with a specialist is a good idea, that will help you to easier find a common language with a specialist and to quickly arrive at an optimal solution.
But, first of all, let us give the answer to the question: “What is erectile dysfunction?”.
Erectile dysfunction is the condition, which is characterized by an inability to get and maintain an erection, which is firm enough for proper sexual intercourse. Those problems can be associated with both physical and psychological issues. Certainly, healthy men can also experience such sex failures, due to stress or physical exhaustion. One accident (and even a couple of them) is not a substantial reason for getting worried, but if you notice that you face problems with getting a proper erection and keeping it firm on a regular basis, it is high time to make an appointment at the doctor.
The same concerns such issue as premature ejaculation which may get worse and provoke ED and then complete impotence. But, no worries, as pharma medications may greatly assist men.
The Most Popular ED Medicines
Viagra. Sure, that is the most famous product for overcoming erectile dysfunction. It entered the market more than 20 years ago, so, it is well-known to almost every man. This medication is produced in the form of pills, which are taken on those days when a man plans to have sexual intercourse. There is no need to use this product on a daily basis since it provides a temporary effect, which lasts about 5 hours (that will depend on the individual characteristics of your organism). This medication belongs to PDE5 inhibitors and helps men to solve erectile problems by relaxing muscles in blood vessel walls and increasing blood flow in a penis. As a result, a man gets an erection easier and quicker and can keep it firm enough for a sufficient period of time to have satisfying sexual intercourse. The active ingredient of this medicine is Sildenafil. It starts working in 30–60 minutes after a pill is swallowed. But you will not notice any effect without being sexually stimulated. An erection will arrive in a natural way, but the drug will assist and intensify that process.
Levitra. This medication contains Vardenafil as an active ingredient, but it belongs to the same class of medicines as Viagra and works in an identical way. At the same time, Levitra is considered to be safer than Viagra since it produces fewer side effects. So, Levitra is not likely to cause rashes and pains in muscles. Also, in the case of this medication, the risk of changes in color perception is lower.
Stendra. It is the ED medicine, which contains Avanafil and works identically to the drugs, specified above. However, it has a significant advantage over them: it starts working in just 15–30 minutes after being taken, depending on the dose. In addition, its effect remains noticeable for a longer period of time ― up to 6 hours. Stendra is a new ED drug that belongs to the second generation, as a result, it works in a milder and safer way. Unlike Viagra, it does not cause dizziness, nausea, pains in muscles, changes in vision. But, when using Stendra, a man can get a sore throat.
Cialis. Unlike all the medications mentioned above, Cialis is available in two versions: the one, which is taken before having sex only, and the daily one. The second option is characterized by the low dosage strength ― 2.5 mg of Tadalafil per pill ― and provides a stable level of this active ingredient in the blood. Consequently, a man can have sexual intercourse at any moment without worrying about his erectile problems. That is a significant advantage, which helps a man to feel confident and to overcome stresses associated with ED. As for Cialis tablets that are taken when needed only, they also stand out from other ED medications, due to the prolonged effect, which can last up to 36 hours!
So, it is a perfect choice for those who plan a romantic weekend or just want to be sure that there will be no failures in case they have sex several times in a row. For information, it is recommended to take Cialis 30 minutes prior to sex. Speaking about side effects, the use of Cialis is not associated with feeling dizzy or nausea, changes in vision, rashes, unlike in the situation with Viagra. But there is a risk that one will face pains in limbs, while using Cialis, and this side effect is not characteristic of any other ED medication mentioned.
As you can see, all the ED medicines described work in an identical way by increasing blood flow in a penis and making erections firmer and longer. In fact, the most significant differences lie in the speed of absorption and the duration of effects. Sure, there is also a risk that a man does not tolerate certain active ingredients and can’t use medications containing it.
Certainly, like most other medications, ED drugs are available in both brand and generic versions. So, you will not need to spend huge sums of money to make your sex life enjoyable again. To buy ED medications, it is more preferable to turn to an online pharmacy, since such facilities offer a more extensive selection of products and much lower prices. ED drugs are numerous in their forms and doses, and it might be challenging to pick the right one. For those who are used to professional assistance in the matters of healthcare, IHT Pharmacy is a smart solution for qualified help with picking the right ED drug in the right dosage, as well as finding deals on popular sexual health medications.
It is also noteworthy that, when it comes to using ED medications, choosing a suitable product does not always guarantee sufficient result on its own. There are also rules to follow in order to help the medication work properly.
5 Tips on Using ED Medicines Effectively
- Provide the product with a sufficient amount of time to start working. Do not hurry up and wait for the period indicated in the instruction. As it has already been noted, in most cases it takes an ED drug 30–60 minutes to get absorbed in the blood and to provide you with a noticeable effect.
- Try to relax. Sure, if you suffer from ED, it may be difficult for you to stop worrying about potential failures during sex. But stress may prevent the medication from working properly and making your erection strong enough, so, it is highly advisable to focus on the sex itself and to distract yourself from negative thoughts.
- If you see that the medication doesn’t produce any effects, do not panic. First of all, there is a chance that your organism just needs some time to get adjusted to it. Also, the dose selected may turn out to be too low or the drug itself may fail to work for you. In any case, your doctor is likely to easily solve that problem. Sure, you should not change the dose or the medicine at your sole discretion, which is dangerous.
- Avoid eating fatty food and drinking alcohol on those days, when you plan to take an ED medicine and to have sex. Many people prefer to have a romantic date with exquisite food and drinks in order to create a suitable atmosphere and to set their minds on sex, but it is advisable to opt for light meals and nonalcoholic drinks (or at least to stop after the first glass of wine). Fat food may affect the absorption of an ED medication, as a result, it will take you longer to feel its effect, and that effect can be weaker. As for alcohol, it makes a negative impact on an ability to get a strong erection. In addition, it can increase the risk and intensity of side effects.
- Make your lifestyle healthier. Above all, stop smoking and abusing alcohol. Also, it is recommended to stick to a healthy and balanced diet and to keep the weight optimal. Certainly, getting much exercise is also a must. In addition, it is crucial to get enough sleep and rest and to avoid stress.
Follow these tips and the instructions provided by your doctor, and ED drugs will surely help you receive the most out of sex life again.